Wednesday 21 January 2009

Back to work :-)

Well after 4 days of birding on leave it was time to go back to work, so I spent another 2 days birding, this time up at Blyth in Northumberland. It was unusually quiet with only Common Scoter being new for the year list. A brief glimpse of a hunting Peregrine was nice.

After surveys I made a quick late afternoon visit to Cresswell where I got really good views of 78 Twite feeding in the dunes around the cows, my best looks at this species for a long while. A look out to sea produced only two birds, both Red-throated Divers but another year tick. On the way back to the B&B a strategic stop gave 2 Greater Scaup and stunning views of 2 Barn Owls hunting.

Today I only added one year bird, but it was a good one! Red-legged Partridge!!! What a cracker! This takes me up to 133 for the year which I'm quite pleased with considering I've not had plenty of common birds yet, e.g. Grey Partridge, Little Egret, Marsh Tit and Green Woodpecker etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment