Thursday 8 April 2010

Tit Tastic

Today I didn't see the White-tailed Eagle, however it was reported in the morning from about 10 miles south of my location. I spent six hours on my vantage point but had no sign of it, the closest I came was a light aircraft that came up over the hill I was watching!

I did however get a nice look at a hunting male Peregrine, a shed load of Buzzard, Kestrel, Sparrowhawk and Red Kite. Several migrants were noted, including 5 Sand Martin, 5 Barn Swallow, 6 Pied/White Wagtails, 3 Yellow Wagtails, 1 male Stonechat, c.50 Meadow Pipit and about 35 Linnet. One of the Yellow Wagtails, a very sexy male came and sat in the field next to me, however the camera phone zoom wouldn't work so I didn't get a great picture unfortunately, however I will still put it on here if I can work out how to do so! (edit: done)



Migrants on the local patch included 3 male Blackcaps and 6 Chiffchaff, with hopefully more to come tomorrow.

I remembered why I called this tit tastic, it was because I had a really nice look at some Blue Tits this morning - nest building they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment