Wednesday 19 January 2011

Geese and Harriers

An early start to get to my site for sunrise was hard work after staying up late to watch the Natural World documentary on Iraq - very interesting programme I thought - Basra Reed Warbler, Iraq Babbler, Marbled Duck and tons of other birds. It was mind-boggling to try and come to terms with the size of the Marsh they were talking about! A marsh the size of Wales!


Image © http://birdsofkuwait.com/ 2009.

Back to today and another day back in North Lincolnshire hoping for more than the last few days down there and it wasn't to disappoint with the clear highlight being a single Bean Goose that flew across my site looking rather confused, landed then proceeded to feed/roost up for a couple of hours before flying off to the north when spooked by a low flying plane.

A ring-tail Hen Harrier flew through around lunch time which was a good site bird. A flock of 40 Yellowhammer was nice, as was the 40+ Whooper Swans I found on my way home.

I'm in the office catching up with paperwork for a few days but hope to get out and do some local birding over the weekend if the weather is OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment