Wednesday 6 April 2011

Swallows and Herons: The rigours of garden listing!

Finally got a garden tick this evening in the form of 3 Swallows that flew through low near dusk heading west. I'd earlier seen a single over the fields near the house whilst walking the dogs heading northwest.

It wasn't all plain sailing with the garden list today as whilst walking the dogs this morning I had two Grey Herons fly through that would have been clearly visible from the garden, the only problem was I was nowhere near the garden to count them! This is at least the third time this has happened with Grey Heron! One day I'll get them!

This has also happened with Great Spotted Woodpecker and Whooper Swan!

A Sparrowhawk was buzzing the garden birds all day and a Buzzard was seen distantly to the north. Despite having the window open most of the day I didn't manage to hear any Blackcap, Willow Warbler, Chiffchaff or better...

No comments:

Post a Comment