Thursday 5 May 2011

A Quick Catch Up

Its been a while since my last post. I've been flat out with work and also had a wedding down in Norfolk last weekend so my birding time has been limited to say the least.

I managed a couple of good birds on the way between home and Norfolk and whilst down in Norfolk last weekend, including Common Crane, Hobby, Rough-legged Buzzard, Greenland Wheatear and my first 2 Swift of the year. There was Hoopoe and Wryneck in the vicinity of where we were staying but time was too limited to check them out.

The wedding was great fun and the weather was fabulous too which was good.

Back home on Sunday (after seeing my first swifts of the year in Norfollk that same morning) I had 2 Swift over the garden at dusk (tick), these 2 birds are still present today though are ranging widely across the local area.

Half an hour this evening at Wheldrake produced lots of warblers with Blackcap, Garden Warbler, Sedge Warbler, Willow Warbler, Whitethroat and Lesser Whitethroat all about the place, with a few hirundines and a few more Swift. Apparently there were 2 Wood Sand and 3 Greenshank on the Ings too this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment