Wednesday 24 August 2011

Quick Flamborough Trip

The weather looked like it had the potential to drop something good along the east coast last night/this morning so after my survey earlty this morning I headed over to Flamborough to see if there was anything about. I headed to the north side - my preferred area with the hope of finding something interesting. A loop of Holmes Gut, High Holme + Thornwick Bay Road produced:

Lesser Whitethroat (2) – 1 ringed
Common Whitethroat (11) – including several fledglings (a couple ringed)
Blackcap (1) – female
Corn Bunting (3)
Reed Bunting (4)
Sand Martin (4)
Yellowhammer (4)
Meadow Pipit (4)
Sedge Warbler (2) – pair?
Garden Warbler (1)
Sparrowhawk (1) – male

News filtered through of a Greenish Warbler and and Icterine Warbler on the south side so I thought I'd go and have a look for them. Unfortunately I didn't connect with either (not sure there was any sign of either after the initial sightings - or of the potential Ortolan that was mentioned) but I did manage:

Spotted Flycatcher (1)
Pied Flycatcher (1)
Willow Warbler (1)
Chiffchaff (2)
Common Whitethroat (2)
Sand Martin (1)
Whimbrel (1)

Generally at both locations lots of Swallow, Linnet, Goldfinch, the odd Greenfinch, Dunnock, Wren, Great Tit, Blue Tit etc… but lots of leaves made viewing tricky.

I bumped into Tim who found a Redstart along old fall but that cleared off before I could get a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment