Thursday 8 March 2012

Peregrines and SEOs: Garden strikes again

I worked at home today as I had some reporting to do. A quick glance out the window mid-morning provided a rather nice surprise in the form of an adult male Peregrine cruising over the garden heading towards Skipwith! This is about the 4th/5th time I've recorded Peregrine over the garden in the last year! Other birds noted in/over the garden during the day included Buzzard, Sparrowhawk, a steady passage of Skylark and plenty of finches, Chaffinch seemingly much more abundant today.

Interestingly my first Peregrine garden record was on the 5th March 2011 - almost a year ago to the day! It was also my 50th garden tick!

A late afternoon trip down to the reserve for the last hour of light resulted in good views of 2 Barn and 2 Short-eared Owls, there seemed to be a slight increase in Curlew again too though Lapwings appeared to be present in lower numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment