Monday 24 September 2012

WHITE'S THRUSH FINDERS ACCOUNT with pics...


Woke up this morning wondering if I'd be regretting not trying to get on a charter to Fair Isle for the Magnolia Warbler, luckily I wasn't.  As I stepped outside it was clear something different was going on.  A look around as I walked the dogs and the penny dropped. It was quiet. No House Martin and no Swallows flying around the house. All gone.

A day in the office was hard, wishing I was working the coast somewhere, then from lunchtime onwards it got worst, White's Thrush on the Farnes (READ THE FINDERS ACCOUNT HEREsee awesome in-hand pictures etc here and some more new photos here) the first in the county since 1914!! Then some pretty decent birds scattered from north to south...Blyth's Pipit, Olive-backed Pipit, Richard's Pipit, Paddyfield Warbler, River Warbler, Booted Warbler, Sykes Warbler, Blyth's Reed Warbler, Greenish Warbler, Little Bunting, Common Rosefinch more Red-breasted Flycatchers and Yellow-browed Warblers, tonnes of Redstart by all accounts with other typical migrants such as Whinchat, Spotted Flycatcher, Pied Flycatcher etc...

I've got a meeting in Beverley tomorrow so fingers crossed I may be able to head to the coast afterwards for a hour or so...

Almost as exciting as the list above, one from yesterday....

Spot the Bluetail....

No comments:

Post a Comment