Thursday 15 November 2012

Bittern: North Duffield!

Another great find today, unfortunately I didn't see it as was at work! A Bittern in front of the Geoff Smith Hide. The bird flew from right to left across the pool and then dropped into the reeds (presumably to roost), I gather. The Adult male Hen Harrier was also seen again mid-week. That's my Saturday sorted!

This morning I had a flock of about 80 Pink-footed Geese feeding in a field on my circuit, later they were seen in flight over the house heading towards the valley. Also a lot of Redwing dropping out of the sky.

I'm hopefully going to be going birding in Malaysia next March if anyone fancies joining me to keep costs down. Will be visiting Kuala Selangor, Fraser's Hill and Taman Negara etc for starters. Update: Definitely going to Malaysia, flights booked! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment