Sunday 9 January 2011

Happy New Year!

It has been a while coming but Happy New Year! I've not been out birding much recently, hence the severe lack of blog posts, not helped by the house move resulting in over a month of no real internet connection.

Most of my birding has been in the garden where I've been getting my new feeding station established, the severe weather of the last month resulting in quite a few good garden birds including Reed Bunting, Yellowhammer, Waxwing, Snipe and Merlin all being recorded! The Goldcrest recorded on Friday was number 43.

Birding in the local area has so far been restricted to various dog walks but has resulted in Barn Owl, Redshank, Green Sandpiper, Snipe and Jack Snipe.

Due to the poor weather I've been spending time sorting out my bird books (the Golden Oriole Poyser book being very interesting) and sorting out my next holiday, a couple of weeks in Cyprus in May should be interesting.

I'll hopefully be getting out and doing some proper birding in the next few weeks and will start up the regular posts soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment