Wednesday 22 June 2011

First for a while...

This is the first post for a while as I've been fairly busy recently with a stag do and then a wedding taking up two very enjoyable consecutive weekends and most of my work recently involving office-based report writing etc.

I've not really done any birding of late but added Great Spotted Woodpecker to my garden list (#79) - an adult female that caught my attention as it hung upside down on the washing line before landing on my nuts. It gave them a good going over but hasn't been back since (that I've seen) so it may not have enjoyed them!

A dog walk at the weekend around Skipwith Common was fairly quiet though the highlight was a pair of Spotted Flycatchers that showed really well.

Not so good was when I returned from the wedding to find that my nest of House Martin had prematurely fledged and I'd got 4 dead babies on the driveway. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Today over on the wolds I was entertained by at least 4 singing Quail Always a joy to hear them singing. Great little birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment