Friday 17 August 2012

RN Phalarope Local MEGA!

Unfortunately this afternoon there was the second ever Red-necked Phalarope for the York Area over at Bank Island in the LDV, a great find by Craig and the LDV team. It was 'unfortunately' as I was stuck in the York office all day so had no change of going straight across, if only it was yesterday when I was working from home! A quick call in on my way home showed plenty of birds on the new mud but not the desired species!

Apparently the last one was 1984 and was single observer, hopefully this will get re-found but it's not looking good so far!




2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, I too just missed out on the Red-necked, but made up for it with the Ortolan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that makes up for it! Sounds like you had a good weekend at Spurn!

    ReplyDelete