Tuesday 18 July 2017

New Zealand Birding Trip

I spent a week in New Zealand between my October Pacific Islands Tour, and my East Coast Australia Tour. Here are some of my highlights from my first trip to this interesting land. I was based on North Island, though I took a trip out to Tiritiri Matangi and did a nice boat trip out one day too. Look forward to going back and doing it properly and visiting the south island too next time!

Little Spotted Kiwi

New Zealand Storm-Petrel

Australasian Gannet

Australasian Gannet colony

Bellbird

Buller's Shearwater

Cook's Petrel

Fairy Prion

Flesh-footed Shearwater

New Zealand Dabchick

New Zealand Pigeon

New Zealand Scaup

North Island Kokako

North Island Robin

North Island Saddleback

Northern Giant Petrel

Paradise Shelduck

Red-crowned Parakeet

Stichbird

Takahe

Tui

Variable Oystercatcher

White-capped Albatross

White-faced Storm-Petrel

White-fronted Tern

Whitehead

Wrybill

No comments:

Post a Comment