Sunday 25 March 2012

Willow Warbler: 1st for Yorkshire?

Had a Willow Warbler singing from the garden this afternoon. I've not personally heard of many Willow Warbler in the UK so far this spring (usual south coast locations such as Portland etc having a few) and have heard of none from Yorkshire to date - could this be the first one? Last year I had my first Willow Warbler on the 4th April so this is quite a bit earlier. Also had an increase in the number of Chiffchaff calling today.

Popped out for a short walk on Saturday and found (at least) 6, possibly 7 Little Ringed Plover, Green Sandpiper and a few Redshank etc and then headed out to my new favourite spot and found a Willow Tit, Green Sandpiper, 3 Oystercatcher, Barn Owl, 80 Linnet and best of all, a darvic-ringed Shelduck. I got the code and some pics, will put up info in the next few days when I find out about it. Will be interesting to see if it is a locally ringed bird or one from further afield....

No comments:

Post a Comment