Thursday 29 March 2012

Another Iceland Gull...

...This time on my recently discovered new local patch. As the sun went down on another scorching day several sizable flocks of large gulls flew over heading east towards the Humber, leading one of the flocks was a juvenile/2nd winter type Iceland Gull! Green Sandpiper (2), Oystercatcher (2), Curlew (2), Lapwing (1) and the Darvic-ringed Shelduck were still present.

This morning I had a male Siskin flying around as I was walking the dogs and my local Green Woodpecker calling for the first time this year. Later in the day (sandwiched between 17 Red Kites) I had another Green Woody calling too. This follows on from one yesterday too at a third location! Also had a couple of Crossbill flying about.

A few flocks of Fieldfare were noted flying north throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment