Tuesday 8 October 2013

York is on FIRE!

What a period the York Area is having... Todays highlights:

Richards Pipit - 1 flew south over Milford Common - there have been two previous records in the York area though I'm not sure if both have been accepted by YNU. If so, and this one gets accepted it will be the third record for the recording area. Both previous records were from my patch (not by me) in 1990 and 1999. I best get out looking!

Yellow-browed Warbler - 1 still present today at Bank Island - see my previous post below regarding this.

Great White Egret - 1 back at Wheldrake Ings this morning, this is also a pretty rare species in the York area, I'm not entirely sure of the numbers accepted to date, but not many.

What did I have today: 1 Brambling (my first of the autumn locally), 2 Kingfisher, 4 Water Rail, Marsh Harrier and a few other bits too... good birding today! See what tomorrow brings...

1 comment:

  1. Shame the news on the RP didnt stick, sure that would have been a lifer for many including myself. We just need a bit of rain to get some muddy pools for a nice Stilt or Stint to sit on!

    ReplyDelete