Thursday 13 October 2011

Red-flanked Bluetail Whitburn & Flamborough

Just got a call from my mate Ade (Souter Bird Obs) saying he's just caught a Red-flanked Bluetail at Whitburn. Will be released at 1245. Pictures to follow i'm sure...

As far as I know this is the first Red-flanked Bluetail of the Autum in the UK and it will be interesting to see how many more turn up in the coming days!

Ade is mega jammy, this is the second one he's caught at Whitburn in the last few years after he caught one in 2009 which I think was the last accepted record in County Durham. Hopefully this one will perform a bit better that the last one to visiting birders!!!

There is also another bird at Whitburn, in the village.

UPDATE

Just seen on facebook that a Red-flanked Bluetail has also just been ringed at Flamborough too! Holmes Gutt, thats where I'd be birding today if I wasn't writing my report!

There is also another bird in Suffolk at Orford Ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment