Thursday 19 April 2012

New Garden Bird

Had a new garden tick today, of sorts... A few months back I had my first Shelduck over the garden, ticked on call at about 11pm in total darkness. This morning I had a pair flying over in the torrential rain in daylight - so although not really a garden tick, it sort of was!

Checked on North Duffield this morning, the River rapidly rising with all the torrential rain, plenty of Swallow and a few Sand Martin but little else of note.

Was surveying today in the hills which was fun in the rain, although it didn't stop the birds from putting on a show with Merlin, Short-eared Owl and plenty of displaying waders showing well.

Once back in the York area we checked out a couple of bare fields, with the bonus of 7/8 Yellow Wagtails, 1 White Wagtail and 8/9 Pied Wagtails and several Meadow Pipit. Interestingly there was also 75 Skylark feeding in the field too.

Working my way home I called at a few local sites, the water levels were shooting up but there was little in the line of new interesting birds, however this may change over the coming days I guess... Fingers crossed

No comments:

Post a Comment